The International Youth Math Challenge is an international mathematics competition that
enables students from all countries to prove their math skills and to unleash their creativity:
"Mathematics is the language with which God wrote the universe." - Galileo
Indeed, mathematics is essential for the understanding of the world, scientific achievements, and progress, and for engineering and prosperity in our society. There is no doubt that math education is crucial for students of all ages around the world. IYMC aims to establish a global competition that is accessible to all students and teachers - youths receive the unique opportunity to challenge their skills, be encouraged and rewarded, and to enjoy the fascinating world of mathematics.
What makes IYMC unique?
There are several other math competitions besides IYMC that promote mathematical education. However, IYMC is unique and has many advantages due to a variety of aspects:
- Internationality: The International Youth Math Challenge is a global competition from the first round! All participants solve the same problems in every round: This enables a fair evaluation and international exchange.
- Online Submission: The competition uses the possibilities of the modern internet to give all students the opportunity to participate regardless of nation, region, or school. % Every student may participate on his own - there is no affiliation of your school or teacher to IYMC required for the registration.
- Special-Creativity Problems: The pre-final round includes two special problem types that only exist in the IYMC competition: the special-creativity-problems. This problem type represents real examples of mathematical research and requires special originality and advanced understanding of mathematics.
- Teacher Support and Online Tool: We supply teachers and schools with further materials and support them in case of questions, requests, or wishes. Teachers are provided with a separate interface to manage submissions of their students for the final round. Also, we have implemented an online tool to check submissions and results.
- IYMC Ambassador Program: The IYMC ambassador program enables motivated students and supportive mentors to encourage youths for mathematics and competitions. Every IYMC ambassador is presented on the website so that interested students may get in touch with their respective ambassador. Ambassadors have access to a special interface to manage and report on developments and advancements in their area of responsibility.
All information about the International Youth Math Challenge is available here: Information Flyer