Prizes and Awards
The prizes and awards worth a total of 700 USD which includes cash prizes of 450 USD: All participants (regardless of the results) receive participation certificates to honour their efforts. In the final round participants receive either a Bronze, Silver or Gold Honour, depending on the performance. The best students can achieve the 1. prize, 2. prize, and 3. prize as well as special awards for the best students from each region:
What is the "Special Honour for digital Submission"?:
| 1. Prize ||200 USD Cash Prize, Special 1. Prize Certificate|
| 2. Prize ||150 USD Cash Prize, Special 2. Prize Certificate|
| 3. Prize ||100 USD Cash Prize, Special 3. Prize Certificate|
|All Finalists ||Bronze Honour, Silver Honour or Gold Honour|
|All Participants ||Official Participation Certificate|
+ Special Honour for digital Submission
All participants that use professional computer programs (e.g. TeX) to write down their solutions receive a special honorary note on their certificates, since this skill is important for the future career of all students.
Because IYMC is an international competition, we honor the best participants from each region of the world with a special certificate (not all countries are listed below):
- Best Participant from Europe (includes Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Italy, Spain, UK, Czechia, Poland, Portugal, Hungary, Greece, Ukraine, Russia, etc.)
- Best Participant from Greater Middle East (includes Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Oman, Syria, Turkey, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Morocco, Tunisia, etc.)
- Best Participant from Africa (includes Nigeria, Namibia, Kenya, Ethiopia, Congo, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Mozambique, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Gambia etc.)
- Best Participant from South Asia (includes Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, etc.)
- Best Participant from (South)East Asia (includes China, Japan, Mongolia, South Korea, Singapore, Indonesia, Cambodia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, etc.)
- Best Participant from America (includes USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Bolivia, Argentina, Colombia, Peru, Cuba, Venezuela, Chile, Ecuador, Paraguay, Uruguay, etc.)
Awards for Ambassadors
Each year, special awards are given to the most active and responsible ambassadors to honour their excellent performance. The IYMC coordinators use the information about the number of participants that you encouraged as well as your documented activities to honour following awards:
- 1x IYMC Ambassador Award for Most Overall Participants: The ambassador that has encouraged the most students to participate in IYMC will receive this award.
- 1x IYMC Ambassador Award for Most Finalists: This award is received by the ambassador that was able to support most students to get into the final round.
- IYMC Ambassador Award for Excellent Encouragement: Ambassadors that are extraordinarily active and that have documented numerous activities to inspire students for mathematics as well as to encourage them to participate in IYMC receive this award.
Awards for Schools
We understand the crucial role of teachers and schools for mathematical education. Because of that, we award three school awards to honor the efforts of the teachers and the school (the awards are not connected to cash prize):
How do schools participate to win the awards?
- 1x IYMC School Award for Most Participants: This award receives the school with the most overall participants of the qualification round to honor the efforts of the teachers for encouraging students to participate in mathematical competitions.
- 1x IYMC School Award for Most Finalists: This special award receives the school with the most students participating in the pre-final and final round.
- IYMC School Award for Excellence: This award receives the school with many outstanding students that have achieved high results throughout the overall competition to honor the quality education. The organizers decide which school receives the award.
Schools participate automatically if a student registers with the school name. Please make sure that all of your students write the school name correctly and in the same way! Also, we highly recommend that teachers of the school register at IYMC.
Participating in international competitions is important for the personal development of students and it is a great achievement for your career. Furthermore, to participate in IYMC is a unique experience that will bring encouragement and motivation to all youths.
Global IYMC Network
Winners and former participants of IYMC become part of the IYMC network: This network consists of outstanding and talented students from all around the world! It enables you to get in touch with inspiring youths and to connect with students worldwide. If you have successfully participated you will receive all information from us.
The IYMC team organizes meetups in several regions of the world -- all participants are welcomed to attend these. The meetups are announced via email and on the social media channels.
Do I receive a hard copy of the certificate?
We will send hard copies of the certificates to all prize winners and to the best participants of each region. All participants and finalists will receive a soft copy of the certificate via email (in order to protect the environment).
All information about the prizes and awards is available here: Awards Flyer